Date/TimeFri, Mar, 13th - Sun, Mar, 15th
Sign Up OnlineClick here to sign up
In this in-depth weekend, immerse yourself in the joy, theory, and practice of teaching Restorative Yoga. Learn to guide yourself and others into the deepest layers of ease and relaxation. Restorative Yoga is a practice of receiving support and allowing stillness to take the mind and body into a place of peace and tranquility. The practitioner holds poses with the aid of bolsters, blankets, pillows, blocks, and straps so that muscles can unwind into greater openness: soothing the nervous system, calming the “fight or flight response,” and quieting the mind.
Through demonstration, lecture, discussion and practice-teaching you will learn the art and skill of teaching Restorative Yoga. Come prepared to learn:
- the importance of rest for body & nervous system
- the role of breathing
- the basic theory and application of the postures and sequencing
- the physical, emotional, and spiritual benefits
- how to incorporate restorative poses into your classes and practice
- how to modify for various body types and physical conditions
- how to modify when props are limited
- how to hold space for relaxation of mind, body, and spirit
Schedule: We will meet for 18 hours over the weekend. Please come prepared to practice, practice-teach, discuss, and listen. There will be an hour and fifteen minute break for lunch on Saturday and Sunday.
This training is open to Yoga Teachers and Students of all levels, Bodyworkers, Nurses, Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, and other Healthcare Professionals who want to understand and embody these postures more fully.
Certificate of Completion for Yoga Alliance CEU will be provided documenting that you have completed 18 hours of training with Andra Aitken, an E-RYT certified teacher.
Cost: $399 by Feb 29th. $479 Therafter. Members receive 20% off. No Refunds
$100 down payment to reserve spot (non-refundable)